Katy Perry signs on for snack brand Popchips
NEW YORK (AP) -July 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- The snack brand Popchips is getting a new celebrity endorser - Katy Perry.
According to a company statement released Wednesday, the pop star has become an investor and representative for the chips. Perry says she'll be its creative partner.
Perry, who is the subject of the recently released 3-D documentary, "Katy Perry: Part of Me," joins Ashton Kutcher as a celebrity endorser of the snack food. Kutcher's regional ads garnered some criticism earlier this year when one depicting him as an Indian man was seen by some as racist. It was pulled and the company said there was no intent to offend.
Perry's ads will be unveiled in the fall.
katy perry, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight 46 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma; no injuries reported 43 min ago
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested 14 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list