Katy Perry signs on for snack brand Popchips
NEW YORK (AP) -July 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- The snack brand Popchips is getting a new celebrity endorser - Katy Perry.
According to a company statement released Wednesday, the pop star has become an investor and representative for the chips. Perry says she'll be its creative partner.
Perry, who is the subject of the recently released 3-D documentary, "Katy Perry: Part of Me," joins Ashton Kutcher as a celebrity endorser of the snack food. Kutcher's regional ads garnered some criticism earlier this year when one depicting him as an Indian man was seen by some as racist. It was pulled and the company said there was no intent to offend.
Perry's ads will be unveiled in the fall.
katy perry, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Temps soar above normal 30 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Burglary suspect nabbed by quick-thinking neighbor
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Temps soar above normal
30 min ago