Katy Perry signs on for snack brand Popchips
NEW YORK (AP) -July 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- The snack brand Popchips is getting a new celebrity endorser - Katy Perry.
According to a company statement released Wednesday, the pop star has become an investor and representative for the chips. Perry says she'll be its creative partner.
Perry, who is the subject of the recently released 3-D documentary, "Katy Perry: Part of Me," joins Ashton Kutcher as a celebrity endorser of the snack food. Kutcher's regional ads garnered some criticism earlier this year when one depicting him as an Indian man was seen by some as racist. It was pulled and the company said there was no intent to offend.
Perry's ads will be unveiled in the fall.
katy perry, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado 47 min ago
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire 19 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Conn. commuter rail service to resume Wednesday
- Nurse viciously attacked outside Cooper Hospital
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr 42 min ago
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
47 min ago