Brangelina due to kick off Olympic party season
LONDON (AP) - July 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Olympic athletes' parade is two days away, but the celebrity parade has already begun in London.
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are among the stars expected at London's Victoria & Albert Museum on Wednesday night for a charity gala honoring boxing great Muhammad Ali.
The 70-year-old boxer is expected to attend the Sports for Peace event, while other rumored guests include David Beckham.
Tickets started at 2,500 pounds ($3,900) and will raise money for the educational Muhammad Ali Center and for research into Parkinson's disease.
British newspapers are reporting that Ali, who has battled the degenerative condition for almost 30 years, will have a role in the Olympics opening ceremony on Friday.
Ali won gold at the 1960 Rome Olympics when he was known as Cassius Clay.
angelina jolie, brad pitt, olympics, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade 16 min ago
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized