Brangelina due to kick off Olympic party season
LONDON (AP) - July 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Olympic athletes' parade is two days away, but the celebrity parade has already begun in London.
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are among the stars expected at London's Victoria & Albert Museum on Wednesday night for a charity gala honoring boxing great Muhammad Ali.
The 70-year-old boxer is expected to attend the Sports for Peace event, while other rumored guests include David Beckham.
Tickets started at 2,500 pounds ($3,900) and will raise money for the educational Muhammad Ali Center and for research into Parkinson's disease.
British newspapers are reporting that Ali, who has battled the degenerative condition for almost 30 years, will have a role in the Olympics opening ceremony on Friday.
Ali won gold at the 1960 Rome Olympics when he was known as Cassius Clay.
angelina jolie, brad pitt, olympics, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)