Suit filed over 'Expendables 2' stuntman's death
LOS ANGELES (AP) - July 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- The parents of a stuntman killed while working on the film "The Expendables 2" has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the filmmakers.
Kun Liu was killed during a stunt in Bulgaria in October 2011 while performing in a rubber boat on Ognyanovo dam, just outside the capital, Sofia. He died after suffering wounds from a nearby explosion.
His parents Zong Yu Liu and Yan Mei Bai are seeking unspecified damages of more than $25,000 against Millennium Films and the movie's stunt coordinator, Chad Stahelski.
Stahelski and Elizabeth Wolfe, a spokeswoman for Millennium Films, declined comment on the case.
Kun Liu, 26, was a native of Beijing and his parents are suing for funeral and burial expenses as well as "the loss of society, love, comfort, attention, services and support" of their son. They claim the filmmakers and Stahelski "negligently and carelessly failed to provide adequate protection from hard to the participants of the stunts."
"The Expendables 2" stars Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger and is due to be released in the United States on Aug. 3.
Bulgarian authorities at the time reported another stuntman was seriously injured during the explosion that killed Kun Liu.
movies, lawsuit, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 17 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 46 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed 46 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 8 min ago