Funeral set for Usher's stepson after accident
ATLANTA (AP) - July 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Family and friends are preparing to say their final goodbyes to the 11-year-old stepson of Grammy-winning pop star Usher, three weeks after the child was critically injured in a boating accident on a Georgia lake.
The funeral for Kile Glover will be held Friday at Wieuca Road Baptist Church in Atlanta. Glover was the son of Tameka Foster, who was married to Usher.
Kile died Saturday at a hospital.
The Georgia Department of Natural Resources says Kile was run over July 6 by a personal watercraft on Lake Lanier, which is about 40 mile northeast of Atlanta. He suffered a major brain injury.
Before the accident, Usher had been in a legal battle with his ex-wife arising from a custody fight over the two sons they had together.
atlanta, usher, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ