Funeral set for Usher's stepson after accident
ATLANTA (AP) - July 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Family and friends are preparing to say their final goodbyes to the 11-year-old stepson of Grammy-winning pop star Usher, three weeks after the child was critically injured in a boating accident on a Georgia lake.
The funeral for Kile Glover will be held Friday at Wieuca Road Baptist Church in Atlanta. Glover was the son of Tameka Foster, who was married to Usher.
Kile died Saturday at a hospital.
The Georgia Department of Natural Resources says Kile was run over July 6 by a personal watercraft on Lake Lanier, which is about 40 mile northeast of Atlanta. He suffered a major brain injury.
Before the accident, Usher had been in a legal battle with his ex-wife arising from a custody fight over the two sons they had together.
atlanta, usher, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody 53 min ago
- Crackdown on illegal street vendors in W. Phila.
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila. 42 min ago
- Viewer takes photos of bear in back yard
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in...
53 min ago
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
42 min ago