Singer Darlene Love recovering from heart attack
NEW YORK (AP) - July 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Darlene Love, a Rock and Roll Hall of Famer who's considered one of the best background singers of all time, is recovering from a mild heart attack.
Her agent Eric Stevens says the 71-year-old experienced some discomfort prior to a performance over the weekend in Asbury Park, N.J. As the pain grew a day later, Love went to a hospital and was told she suffered a mild heart attack.
Steven says doctors "expect a hundred and ten percent recovery as early as next week" for Love. She has returned home and her planned concerts will go on.
Love lent her voice to several of Phil Spector's hits in the 1960s, in acts like the Crystals and Bob B. Soxx and the Blue Jeans. Love also has Broadway and film credits.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- New sighting reported of missing student's car 28 min ago
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Mile-wide tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs 2 min ago
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder 26 min ago
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Nurse assaulted at Cooper University Hospital 53 min ago
- Off-duty police officer hit by car in Logan 55 min ago
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion 47 min ago
- Penn State penalities from Sandusky case argued 24 min ago
- Housekeeper sentenced for Ben Franklin bust theft
- $1 million Powerball ticket sold in North Wales, Pa.
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home...
47 min ago
- New sighting reported of missing student's...
28 min ago
- Mile-wide tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos