Past rivals return to 'Dancing' for new season
BEVERLY HILL, Calif. (AP) - July 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- "Dancing with the Stars" is repeating some steps for its fall season.
An "All-Star" edition of the ABC competition show will bring back 12 former rivals including Pamela Anderson, Kirstie Alley and Bristol Palin.
Former 'NSync member Joey Fatone and gymnast Shawn Johnson will also be returning, ABC announced Friday.
Other contestants include:
- "General Hospital" star Kelly Monaco.
- Former 98 Degrees boy-band member Drew Lachey.
- Super Bowl champ Emmitt Smith.
- Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneves.
- Olympic medalist speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno.
- "The Bachelor" star Melissa Rycroft.
- Actor Gilles Marini.
In a break from the past, viewers can vote online for the 13th contestant from three former contestants including actors Kyle Massey and Sabrina Bryan and celebrity stylist Carson Kressley.
"This is about giving the viewers a treat, and breaking the rhythm of the show," said executive producer Conrad Green during a session of the Television Critics Association conference.
"Dancing" returns on ABC on Sept. 24.
dancing with the stars, kirstie alley, bristol palin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Lots of clouds, damp today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 15 min ago
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk... 5 min ago
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport 19 min ago
- Actress Bynes arrested in NYC on marijuana charge 46 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
15 min ago