Past rivals return to 'Dancing' for new season
BEVERLY HILL, Calif. (AP) - July 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- "Dancing with the Stars" is repeating some steps for its fall season.
An "All-Star" edition of the ABC competition show will bring back 12 former rivals including Pamela Anderson, Kirstie Alley and Bristol Palin.
Former 'NSync member Joey Fatone and gymnast Shawn Johnson will also be returning, ABC announced Friday.
Other contestants include:
- "General Hospital" star Kelly Monaco.
- Former 98 Degrees boy-band member Drew Lachey.
- Super Bowl champ Emmitt Smith.
- Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneves.
- Olympic medalist speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno.
- "The Bachelor" star Melissa Rycroft.
- Actor Gilles Marini.
In a break from the past, viewers can vote online for the 13th contestant from three former contestants including actors Kyle Massey and Sabrina Bryan and celebrity stylist Carson Kressley.
"This is about giving the viewers a treat, and breaking the rhythm of the show," said executive producer Conrad Green during a session of the Television Critics Association conference.
"Dancing" returns on ABC on Sept. 24.
dancing with the stars, kirstie alley, bristol palin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ