Past rivals return to 'Dancing' for new season
BEVERLY HILL, Calif. (AP) - July 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- "Dancing with the Stars" is repeating some steps for its fall season.
An "All-Star" edition of the ABC competition show will bring back 12 former rivals including Pamela Anderson, Kirstie Alley and Bristol Palin.
Former 'NSync member Joey Fatone and gymnast Shawn Johnson will also be returning, ABC announced Friday.
Other contestants include:
- "General Hospital" star Kelly Monaco.
- Former 98 Degrees boy-band member Drew Lachey.
- Super Bowl champ Emmitt Smith.
- Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneves.
- Olympic medalist speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno.
- "The Bachelor" star Melissa Rycroft.
- Actor Gilles Marini.
In a break from the past, viewers can vote online for the 13th contestant from three former contestants including actors Kyle Massey and Sabrina Bryan and celebrity stylist Carson Kressley.
"This is about giving the viewers a treat, and breaking the rhythm of the show," said executive producer Conrad Green during a session of the Television Critics Association conference.
"Dancing" returns on ABC on Sept. 24.
dancing with the stars, kirstie alley, bristol palin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Death toll lowered in Okla. twister; 24 dead 36 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- Delaware trash can explosion leaves 1 injured 15 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel
- NJ ex-priest arrested after working with kids
- Larry Holmes wins round in Pa. parking dispute
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Death toll lowered in Okla. twister; 24 dead
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos