Snoop Dogg denied entry to Norway for 2 years
OSLO, Norway (AP) - July 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A lawyer representing Snoop Dogg says the American rapper has been banned from entering Norway for two years after trying to enter the country with a small amount of marijuana last month.
Holger Hagesaeter, the rapper's legal representative in Norway, told The Associated Press on Saturday that his client "can live with the decision" and has no immediate plans to appeal it.
Snoop Dogg, whose name is Calvin Broadus, was on his way to a music festival in southern Norway in June when sniffer dogs detected eight grams of marijuana in his luggage.
He was also carrying more cash than is legally allowed and was fined 52,000 kroner ($8,600) after admitting to the two offenses, the lawyer said.
norway, drugs, marijuana, snoop dogg, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 4 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 21 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 14 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 44 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
21 min ago