Snoop Dogg denied entry to Norway for 2 years
OSLO, Norway (AP) - July 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A lawyer representing Snoop Dogg says the American rapper has been banned from entering Norway for two years after trying to enter the country with a small amount of marijuana last month.
Holger Hagesaeter, the rapper's legal representative in Norway, told The Associated Press on Saturday that his client "can live with the decision" and has no immediate plans to appeal it.
Snoop Dogg, whose name is Calvin Broadus, was on his way to a music festival in southern Norway in June when sniffer dogs detected eight grams of marijuana in his luggage.
He was also carrying more cash than is legally allowed and was fined 52,000 kroner ($8,600) after admitting to the two offenses, the lawyer said.
norway, drugs, marijuana, snoop dogg, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash 12 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 7 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting 37 min ago
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
2 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
7 min ago