Snoop Dogg denied entry to Norway for 2 years
OSLO, Norway (AP) - July 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A lawyer representing Snoop Dogg says the American rapper has been banned from entering Norway for two years after trying to enter the country with a small amount of marijuana last month.
Holger Hagesaeter, the rapper's legal representative in Norway, told The Associated Press on Saturday that his client "can live with the decision" and has no immediate plans to appeal it.
Snoop Dogg, whose name is Calvin Broadus, was on his way to a music festival in southern Norway in June when sniffer dogs detected eight grams of marijuana in his luggage.
He was also carrying more cash than is legally allowed and was fined 52,000 kroner ($8,600) after admitting to the two offenses, the lawyer said.
norway, drugs, marijuana, snoop dogg, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in New Jersey Turnpike chase
- NJ community joins forces to help 'storage locker' mom
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in 42 min ago
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds 48 min ago
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list