Bret Michaels, girlfriend call off engagement
NEW YORK (AP) - July 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Bret Michaels and longtime girlfriend Kristi Gibson have called off their engagement.
Michaels' publicist, Joanna Mignano, said in a statement Monday the couple have separated.
Michaels and Gibson have dated on and off for about 18 years. They got engaged in 2010. They have two daughters, Raine Elizabeth and Jorja Bleu.
The statement says Michaels and Gibson will "remain great friends and are committed to jointly raising" their daughters.
Michaels was the vocalist for the band Poison. He also appeared in his own VH1 reality show.
Michaels was treated in 2010 for a brain hemorrhage. Last year he underwent a procedure to close a hole in his heart.
bret michaels, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, smash-&-grab, more... 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Video: Obama misspells "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" in Aretha... 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
32 min ago