Robin Roberts takes a few weeks from 'GMA'
NEW YORK (AP) - August 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- "Good Morning America" anchor Robin Roberts is taking a little time off, saying she's feeling the effects of her blood and bone marrow disease.
Roberts said Tuesday that she's "not feeling too well" and would take some time off "just to get some vacay."
ABC said Roberts would be taking a few weeks of previously scheduled time off, but it came earlier than her planned medical leave for a bone marrow transplant. Roberts told reporters last week that her medical leave would probably start at the end of August or early September.
Roberts announced last month that she has MDS, a blood and bone marrow disease once known as preleukemia.
robin roberts, good morning america, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish