Robin Roberts takes a few weeks from 'GMA'
NEW YORK (AP) - August 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- "Good Morning America" anchor Robin Roberts is taking a little time off, saying she's feeling the effects of her blood and bone marrow disease.
Roberts said Tuesday that she's "not feeling too well" and would take some time off "just to get some vacay."
ABC said Roberts would be taking a few weeks of previously scheduled time off, but it came earlier than her planned medical leave for a bone marrow transplant. Roberts told reporters last week that her medical leave would probably start at the end of August or early September.
Roberts announced last month that she has MDS, a blood and bone marrow disease once known as preleukemia.
robin roberts, good morning america, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days 7 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp today 42 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident 24 min ago
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 14 min ago
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery 22 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
7 min ago
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
24 min ago
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in...
22 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
14 min ago