Ethel Kennedy: Didn't play Taylor Swift matchmaker
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - August 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Ethel Kennedy says she didn't play matchmaker between a grandson and Taylor Swift but the Kennedys would be "lucky" to have the pop star in the family.
Kennedy is the subject of a new HBO documentary. She was asked Wednesday about reports that she set up the 22-year-old pop star 18-year-old Conor Kennedy. He's the grandson of Ethel Kennedy and the late Sen. Robert F. Kennedy.
Ethel Kennedy told the Television Critics Association, "Certainly not." But the 84-year-old added, "We should be so lucky."
Ethel Kennedy's daughter, filmmaker Rory Kennedy, directed and produced the documentary "Ethel." It debuts Oct. 18 on HBO.
Rory Kennedy would confirm only one relationship involving Swift: The one Swift has with the Kennedy family.
Rory Kennedy said Swift is a "great friend of all of ours."
taylor swift, california, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 54 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
11 min ago