Ethel Kennedy: Didn't play Taylor Swift matchmaker
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - August 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Ethel Kennedy says she didn't play matchmaker between a grandson and Taylor Swift but the Kennedys would be "lucky" to have the pop star in the family.
Kennedy is the subject of a new HBO documentary. She was asked Wednesday about reports that she set up the 22-year-old pop star 18-year-old Conor Kennedy. He's the grandson of Ethel Kennedy and the late Sen. Robert F. Kennedy.
Ethel Kennedy told the Television Critics Association, "Certainly not." But the 84-year-old added, "We should be so lucky."
Ethel Kennedy's daughter, filmmaker Rory Kennedy, directed and produced the documentary "Ethel." It debuts Oct. 18 on HBO.
Rory Kennedy would confirm only one relationship involving Swift: The one Swift has with the Kennedy family.
Rory Kennedy said Swift is a "great friend of all of ours."
taylor swift, california, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 21 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 39 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 22 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 59 min ago
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd 25 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos