'Snooki & JWoww' show passes on historic NJ suburb
MORRISTOWN, N.J. (AP) - August 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- "Snooki &JWoww" won't pitch a tent in the New Jersey suburb that's been called the military capital of the American Revolution.
The company that produces the "Jersey Shore" spinoff has been in talks to tape segments of the reality series featuring Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jennifer "JWoww" Farley in Morristown.
The taping was planned for Aug. 9 until the middle of October.
The Daily Record of Parsippany reports Mayor Tim Dougherty said in a statement that 495 Productions was willing to accept certain restrictions. However, the mayor says the company decided to focus on other areas.
Morristown twice served as George Washington's headquarters during the Revolutionary War.
jersey shore, snooki, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Several cars vandalized in South Philadelphia 14 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish