'Snooki & JWoww' show passes on historic NJ suburb
MORRISTOWN, N.J. (AP) - August 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- "Snooki &JWoww" won't pitch a tent in the New Jersey suburb that's been called the military capital of the American Revolution.
The company that produces the "Jersey Shore" spinoff has been in talks to tape segments of the reality series featuring Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jennifer "JWoww" Farley in Morristown.
The taping was planned for Aug. 9 until the middle of October.
The Daily Record of Parsippany reports Mayor Tim Dougherty said in a statement that 495 Productions was willing to accept certain restrictions. However, the mayor says the company decided to focus on other areas.
Morristown twice served as George Washington's headquarters during the Revolutionary War.
jersey shore, snooki, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies