Celebrities keeping a low profile at the Olympics
LONDON (AP) - August 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Mick Jagger has dropped by Olympic Stadium to watch some track and field. It didn't help Britain's medal count, but it reassured celebrity-watchers worried that the world's biggest sporting event might be lacking in star power.
Jagger was photographed chatting with London games chief Sebastian Coe at the stadium on Monday evening.
He's not the only A-lister to attend the games, but most are keeping a low profile.
Former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice was spotted at the Olympic Stadium Tuesday. Billionaire Bill Gates has attended events including table tennis and beach volleyball.
The London games have also drawn a healthy sprinkling of royalty, with Prince William, his wife Kate and brother Prince Harry popping up at everything from equestrian to swimming to gymnastics.
olympics, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 22 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash 22 min ago
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar