Celebrities keeping a low profile at the Olympics
LONDON (AP) - August 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Mick Jagger has dropped by Olympic Stadium to watch some track and field. It didn't help Britain's medal count, but it reassured celebrity-watchers worried that the world's biggest sporting event might be lacking in star power.
Jagger was photographed chatting with London games chief Sebastian Coe at the stadium on Monday evening.
He's not the only A-lister to attend the games, but most are keeping a low profile.
Former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice was spotted at the Olympic Stadium Tuesday. Billionaire Bill Gates has attended events including table tennis and beach volleyball.
The London games have also drawn a healthy sprinkling of royalty, with Prince William, his wife Kate and brother Prince Harry popping up at everything from equestrian to swimming to gymnastics.
olympics, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text 17 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport