Joan Rivers protests Costco not selling her book
DABURBANK, Calif. (AP) - August 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police were called to a Costco store in a Los Angeles suburb after comedian Joan Rivers handcuffed herself to a shopping cart to protest the store, which is not selling her latest book.
The 79-year-old "Fashion Police" host was being filmed by a camera crew Tuesday as she complained that the store in Burbank, Calif., had refused to carry her book, "I Hate Everything... Starting With Me."
Burbank city spokesman Drew Sugars says the store manager called police, who sent officers to the scene because they were uncertain of the scale of the situation.
They ended up escorting Rivers from the store, and she and her crew left without incident.
Sugars says there were no citations or arrests.
walmart, writers, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 34 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia 45 min ago
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 55 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 55 min ago
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond 42 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall...
34 min ago
- Police investigate tire slashings in South...
45 min ago