Joan Rivers protests Costco not selling her book
DABURBANK, Calif. (AP) - August 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police were called to a Costco store in a Los Angeles suburb after comedian Joan Rivers handcuffed herself to a shopping cart to protest the store, which is not selling her latest book.
The 79-year-old "Fashion Police" host was being filmed by a camera crew Tuesday as she complained that the store in Burbank, Calif., had refused to carry her book, "I Hate Everything... Starting With Me."
Burbank city spokesman Drew Sugars says the store manager called police, who sent officers to the scene because they were uncertain of the scale of the situation.
They ended up escorting Rivers from the store, and she and her crew left without incident.
Sugars says there were no citations or arrests.
walmart, writers, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Finally, a nice weekend! 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 3 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting 8 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 19 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
14 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
3 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton...
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos