Joan Rivers protests Costco not selling her book
DABURBANK, Calif. (AP) - August 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police were called to a Costco store in a Los Angeles suburb after comedian Joan Rivers handcuffed herself to a shopping cart to protest the store, which is not selling her latest book.
The 79-year-old "Fashion Police" host was being filmed by a camera crew Tuesday as she complained that the store in Burbank, Calif., had refused to carry her book, "I Hate Everything... Starting With Me."
Burbank city spokesman Drew Sugars says the store manager called police, who sent officers to the scene because they were uncertain of the scale of the situation.
They ended up escorting Rivers from the store, and she and her crew left without incident.
Sugars says there were no citations or arrests.
walmart, writers, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Woman hospitalized in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore