Lung cancer cause of death for Sherman Hemsley
EL PASO, Texas - August 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Texas medical examiner's office says Philadelphia native and actor Sherman Hemsley died from lung cancer.
The 74 year old Hemsley passed away last month at his Texas home.
The El Paso medical examiner says he had a cancerous tumor and was advised to undergo chemotherapy before he died.
Hemsley grew up in South Philadelphia.
He is best known for his role as George Jefferson on the hit comedy, "The Jefferson's."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 53 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 40 min ago
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 42 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County 29 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 44 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Remembering a wife/mother lost to cancer
55 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
40 min ago
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos