Eminem to fans: Thanks for help in dark times
NEW YORK (AP) -August 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Eminem, who battled an addiction to prescription drugs, thanked his fans at a New York concert for helping him get through dark times.
The 39-year-old told hundreds Thursday night that he "wouldn't have gotten out of that dark place without y'all" before he performed the Grammy-winning song "Not Afraid." He said the performance was "dedicated to anybody tonight who's been through personal struggles."
Eminem's addiction and climb to sobriety is detailed in his 2010 album "Recovery." It was that year's best-selling album.
At the Hammerstein Ballroom the rapper performed more than a dozen songs at an event for the watch brand G-Shock, including the hits "Lose Yourself," ''Love the Way You Lie" and "The Real Slim Shady."
Hip-hop foursome Slaughterhouse opened for the Detroit-born rapper.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip 5 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 1 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 32 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China 57 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
23 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
1 min ago