Eminem to fans: Thanks for help in dark times
NEW YORK (AP) -August 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Eminem, who battled an addiction to prescription drugs, thanked his fans at a New York concert for helping him get through dark times.
The 39-year-old told hundreds Thursday night that he "wouldn't have gotten out of that dark place without y'all" before he performed the Grammy-winning song "Not Afraid." He said the performance was "dedicated to anybody tonight who's been through personal struggles."
Eminem's addiction and climb to sobriety is detailed in his 2010 album "Recovery." It was that year's best-selling album.
At the Hammerstein Ballroom the rapper performed more than a dozen songs at an event for the watch brand G-Shock, including the hits "Lose Yourself," ''Love the Way You Lie" and "The Real Slim Shady."
Hip-hop foursome Slaughterhouse opened for the Detroit-born rapper.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Easter Sunshine
6 min ago