Eminem to fans: Thanks for help in dark times
NEW YORK (AP) -August 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Eminem, who battled an addiction to prescription drugs, thanked his fans at a New York concert for helping him get through dark times.
The 39-year-old told hundreds Thursday night that he "wouldn't have gotten out of that dark place without y'all" before he performed the Grammy-winning song "Not Afraid." He said the performance was "dedicated to anybody tonight who's been through personal struggles."
Eminem's addiction and climb to sobriety is detailed in his 2010 album "Recovery." It was that year's best-selling album.
At the Hammerstein Ballroom the rapper performed more than a dozen songs at an event for the watch brand G-Shock, including the hits "Lose Yourself," ''Love the Way You Lie" and "The Real Slim Shady."
Hip-hop foursome Slaughterhouse opened for the Detroit-born rapper.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 28 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 11 min ago
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- 2-alarm fire breaks out at Holmesburg complex 9 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire 2 min ago
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 39 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday
16 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
28 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
11 min ago
- New video released in apparent Pa. road...
27 min ago