Kiss, Motley Crue give to theater shooting victim
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) -August 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Motley Crue and Kiss are donating money to support those affected by the Colorado movie theater shootings.
The bands said at their concert in suburban Denver on Wednesday night that they would donate $100,000 to the Aurora Victim Relief Fund.
The fund was set up to help victims and families who were hurt when a man opened fire July 20 at a midnight showing of the new Batman movie in Aurora. Twelve people were killed, and 58 were injured.
Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue and Paul Stanley of Kiss said in a written statement that they hope their gesture will encourage others to give.
kiss, motley crue, shooting, colorado, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding 35 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!