Kiss, Motley Crue give to theater shooting victim
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) -August 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Motley Crue and Kiss are donating money to support those affected by the Colorado movie theater shootings.
The bands said at their concert in suburban Denver on Wednesday night that they would donate $100,000 to the Aurora Victim Relief Fund.
The fund was set up to help victims and families who were hurt when a man opened fire July 20 at a midnight showing of the new Batman movie in Aurora. Twelve people were killed, and 58 were injured.
Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue and Paul Stanley of Kiss said in a written statement that they hope their gesture will encourage others to give.
kiss, motley crue, shooting, colorado, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 1 dead 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion 25 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 2 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 5 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- Carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 3 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
25 min ago
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New...
59 min ago