Kiss, Motley Crue give to theater shooting victim
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) -August 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Motley Crue and Kiss are donating money to support those affected by the Colorado movie theater shootings.
The bands said at their concert in suburban Denver on Wednesday night that they would donate $100,000 to the Aurora Victim Relief Fund.
The fund was set up to help victims and families who were hurt when a man opened fire July 20 at a midnight showing of the new Batman movie in Aurora. Twelve people were killed, and 58 were injured.
Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue and Paul Stanley of Kiss said in a written statement that they hope their gesture will encourage others to give.
kiss, motley crue, shooting, colorado, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County 12 min ago
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Video: Caught on tape: Huge tornado in Kansas
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list