Kiss, Motley Crue give to theater shooting victim
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) -August 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Motley Crue and Kiss are donating money to support those affected by the Colorado movie theater shootings.
The bands said at their concert in suburban Denver on Wednesday night that they would donate $100,000 to the Aurora Victim Relief Fund.
The fund was set up to help victims and families who were hurt when a man opened fire July 20 at a midnight showing of the new Batman movie in Aurora. Twelve people were killed, and 58 were injured.
Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue and Paul Stanley of Kiss said in a written statement that they hope their gesture will encourage others to give.
kiss, motley crue, shooting, colorado, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 21 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 4 min ago
- Crews battle house fire in Wilmington 23 min ago
- 2-alarm fire breaks out at Holmesburg complex 2 min ago
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia 53 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 32 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday
9 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
21 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
4 min ago
- New video released in apparent Pa. road...
20 min ago