Actress Mayim Bialik injured in LA car accident
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Actress Mayim Bialik is telling fans on Twitter that she'll keep all her fingers after a car accident in the Hollywood area of Los Angeles sent her to the hospital.
Los Angeles police spokesman Richard French says the 36-year-old actress's left hand and thumb were cut severely. Bialik's husband typed for her that she's in pain but her hand will remain intact.
Police say another car made a left turn and crashed into Bialik's vehicle shortly before noon Wednesday.
The three occupants of the other car suffered minor injuries and left the scene on their own.
French says no citations were issued.
"Blossom" star Bialik has been acting since childhood and stars in "The Big Bang Theory."
She was recently nominated for an Emmy for outstanding supporting actress in a comedy series.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 28 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill 8 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar