Actress Mayim Bialik injured in LA car accident
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Actress Mayim Bialik is telling fans on Twitter that she'll keep all her fingers after a car accident in the Hollywood area of Los Angeles sent her to the hospital.
Los Angeles police spokesman Richard French says the 36-year-old actress's left hand and thumb were cut severely. Bialik's husband typed for her that she's in pain but her hand will remain intact.
Police say another car made a left turn and crashed into Bialik's vehicle shortly before noon Wednesday.
The three occupants of the other car suffered minor injuries and left the scene on their own.
French says no citations were issued.
"Blossom" star Bialik has been acting since childhood and stars in "The Big Bang Theory."
She was recently nominated for an Emmy for outstanding supporting actress in a comedy series.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states 44 min ago
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township 39 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Phillies rally for 3-2 win over Reds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos