Actress Mayim Bialik injured in LA car accident
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Actress Mayim Bialik is telling fans on Twitter that she'll keep all her fingers after a car accident in the Hollywood area of Los Angeles sent her to the hospital.
Los Angeles police spokesman Richard French says the 36-year-old actress's left hand and thumb were cut severely. Bialik's husband typed for her that she's in pain but her hand will remain intact.
Police say another car made a left turn and crashed into Bialik's vehicle shortly before noon Wednesday.
The three occupants of the other car suffered minor injuries and left the scene on their own.
French says no citations were issued.
"Blossom" star Bialik has been acting since childhood and stars in "The Big Bang Theory."
She was recently nominated for an Emmy for outstanding supporting actress in a comedy series.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 31 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- SW Phila. shootings possibly connected to bar fight 40 min ago
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution' 30 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc