Father of Jessica Simpson charged with DUI in LA
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Los Angeles prosecutors are charging the father of singers Jessica and Ashley Simpson with two counts of drunken driving after his arrest earlier this month.
City attorney's spokesman Frank Mateljan said Wednesday that 54-year-old Joe Simpson faces a maximum sentence of 6 months in jail, 36 months of probation and a $1,000 fine.
He was arrested Aug. 4 after authorities say he registered a blood-alcohol level of 0.08 percent or above at a DUI checkpoint in the Sherman Oaks area.
The charges were filed Tuesday. Simpson is due for arraignment Aug. 30 in a Van Nuys court.
Simpson is a former minister. He helped make stars of his two daughters by managing their singing careers.
jessica simpson, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing 43 min ago
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage 6 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ