Rep: Bobby Brown in rehab after March DUI arrest
NEW YORK (AP) - August 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Bobby Brown has checked himself into rehab.
Brown's representative said in an email Thursday that the R&B singer checked into a "confidential rehabilitation center" last week as part of his agreement following his March arrest for drunken driving in Los Angeles.
His publicist says that Brown's plea agreement in the case requires that he requires that he get treatment for alcohol use. His attorney Christopher Brown says in a statement that Brown "takes his agreement very seriously."
The 43-year-old singer is the former husband of Whitney Houston, who died this year. He married his manager Alicia Etheredge-Brown in June.
Brown still plans to perform scheduled solo concerts and tour with his group New Edition. His first album in 14 years came out this summer.
whitney houston, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos