Rep: Bobby Brown in rehab after March DUI arrest
NEW YORK (AP) - August 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Bobby Brown has checked himself into rehab.
Brown's representative said in an email Thursday that the R&B singer checked into a "confidential rehabilitation center" last week as part of his agreement following his March arrest for drunken driving in Los Angeles.
His publicist says that Brown's plea agreement in the case requires that he requires that he get treatment for alcohol use. His attorney Christopher Brown says in a statement that Brown "takes his agreement very seriously."
The 43-year-old singer is the former husband of Whitney Houston, who died this year. He married his manager Alicia Etheredge-Brown in June.
Brown still plans to perform scheduled solo concerts and tour with his group New Edition. His first album in 14 years came out this summer.
whitney houston, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 47 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 2 min ago
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire 45 min ago
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park...
47 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
2 min ago