Suspension of Fareed Zakaria lifted by CNN, Time
NEW YORK (AP) - August 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- All is forgiven for Time magazine writer and CNN host Fareed Zakaria, who last week was suspended by both outlets for apparent plagiarism.
CNN said Thursday that Zakaria's weekly "GPS" public affairs program returns to the air Aug. 26. Time said in a separate statement that Zakaria's column would resume with the magazine's Sept. 7 issue.
Zakaria was suspended by both outlets last Friday for lifting several paragraphs from a New Yorker magazine essay for his use in a recent Time column. A version of that column, which examined gun control, was subsequently posted on CNN's website.Zakaria apologized, acknowledging a "terrible mistake."
CNN and Time said Thursday that each had conducted a thorough review and found Zakaria's recent "journalistic lapse" to be an isolated incident.
Earlier this week, the Washington Post wrote that Zakaria, in his 2008 book "The Post-American World," had failed to indicate that he had taken a quote from another book. But the Post later said that upon further inspection, it found that Zakaria did cite the source for the quote and said that the Post story should not have been printed.
"We regret the error and apologize to Mr. Zakaria," the Post wrote.
cnn, new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 53 min ago
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in 49 min ago
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
53 min ago