Minaj cancels UK festival show due to vocal cords
NEW YORK (AP) - August 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Nicki Minaj has canceled her appearance at this weekend's V Festival in the United Kingdom because of damage to her vocal cords.
Her representative says in an email that Minaj will have to back out of her shows on Saturday and Sunday because of "strained vocal cords."
Minaj performed a free concert in New York City on Wednesday, though she had been advised by her doctor to rest.
Her rep now says her voice is "worse," and that recent X-rays show that the singer-rapper must "rest her voice for a few days."
The two-day V Festival also features The Killers, David Guetta, LMFAO and The Stone Roses.
Minaj performed for more than two hours at her New York show. It featured Drake, Lil Wayne and Foxy Brown.
new york, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)