Bieber, Gaga, Obama join Beyonce for campaign
NEW YORK (AP) - August 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga and Michelle Obama are giving a helping hand to Beyonce.
Obama and the pop stars have signed on to support Beyonce and the global campaign for World Humanitarian Day, which is Sunday.
The campaign asks that on Sunday people help others through such acts as making sandwiches for the homeless or volunteering at a local charity. The goal is to share 1 billion messages of hope.
A representative for Beyonce says that Bieber, Gaga, Obama, Rihanna, Shakira, Jay-Z, Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin and others will participate.
Beyonce performed her song "I Was Here" at the United Nations in New York last week to promote World Humanitarian Day. The performance was taped and the music video will debut Sunday. The song is from her latest album "4."
beyonce, michelle obama, justin bieber, lady gaga, new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead 4 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help 25 min ago
- Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado 30 min ago
- Street-level interactive weather map
- Delaware trash can explosion leaves 1 injured 35 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids 25 min ago
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos