Bieber, Gaga, Obama join Beyonce for campaign
NEW YORK (AP) - August 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga and Michelle Obama are giving a helping hand to Beyonce.
Obama and the pop stars have signed on to support Beyonce and the global campaign for World Humanitarian Day, which is Sunday.
The campaign asks that on Sunday people help others through such acts as making sandwiches for the homeless or volunteering at a local charity. The goal is to share 1 billion messages of hope.
A representative for Beyonce says that Bieber, Gaga, Obama, Rihanna, Shakira, Jay-Z, Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin and others will participate.
Beyonce performed her song "I Was Here" at the United Nations in New York last week to promote World Humanitarian Day. The performance was taped and the music video will debut Sunday. The song is from her latest album "4."
beyonce, michelle obama, justin bieber, lady gaga, new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 27 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 56 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 48 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 12 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
12 min ago