Bieber, Gaga, Obama join Beyonce for campaign
NEW YORK (AP) - August 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga and Michelle Obama are giving a helping hand to Beyonce.
Obama and the pop stars have signed on to support Beyonce and the global campaign for World Humanitarian Day, which is Sunday.
The campaign asks that on Sunday people help others through such acts as making sandwiches for the homeless or volunteering at a local charity. The goal is to share 1 billion messages of hope.
A representative for Beyonce says that Bieber, Gaga, Obama, Rihanna, Shakira, Jay-Z, Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin and others will participate.
Beyonce performed her song "I Was Here" at the United Nations in New York last week to promote World Humanitarian Day. The performance was taped and the music video will debut Sunday. The song is from her latest album "4."
beyonce, michelle obama, justin bieber, lady gaga, new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- More Snow on the Way 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder 50 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington 56 min ago
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash
- More Snow on the Way
46 min ago
- Preparing for more snow on Tuesday
57 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
50 min ago
- Woman stabbed to death in Germantown
55 min ago