Bieber, Gaga, Obama join Beyonce for campaign
NEW YORK (AP) - August 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga and Michelle Obama are giving a helping hand to Beyonce.
Obama and the pop stars have signed on to support Beyonce and the global campaign for World Humanitarian Day, which is Sunday.
The campaign asks that on Sunday people help others through such acts as making sandwiches for the homeless or volunteering at a local charity. The goal is to share 1 billion messages of hope.
A representative for Beyonce says that Bieber, Gaga, Obama, Rihanna, Shakira, Jay-Z, Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin and others will participate.
Beyonce performed her song "I Was Here" at the United Nations in New York last week to promote World Humanitarian Day. The performance was taped and the music video will debut Sunday. The song is from her latest album "4."
beyonce, michelle obama, justin bieber, lady gaga, new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight 8 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase 43 min ago
- Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma; no injuries reported 5 min ago
- Teen killed over iPad in Las Vegas, 2 suspects arrested 44 min ago
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list