Rosie O'Donnell suffers heart attack, gets stent
NEW YORK (AP) - August 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Rosie O'Donnell says she suffered a heart attack last week and is "lucky to be here."
The 50-year-old comedian detailed the experience on her blog Monday, saying sudden nausea, aches and other symptoms pushed her to do an online search for "women's heart attack symptoms." She took a few aspirin and went to a cardiologist the next day.
She says her coronary artery was 99 percent blocked. A stent was inserted.
O'Donnell writes in a kind of verse on her blog. She says: "Know the symptoms ladies/ listen to the voice inside/ the one we all so easily ignore."
The comedian recently hosted "The Rosie Show" on the Opera Winfrey Network. It was canceled in March.
rosie o'donnell, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall 51 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
- Bicyclist shoots man in face in SW Philadelphia 21 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia 59 min ago
- Man shot in the head in Camden; suspect sought 57 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces 2 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc