Chris Brown, Drake sued again over NYC club brawl
NEW YORK (AP) - August 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- A model who was injured during a bottle-throwing nightclub brawl between Chris Brown and Drake sued both singers and the owners of the New York City nightclub on Monday.
Romain Julien, who was sitting at a nearby table during the brawl, suffered a severed tendon in his right hand during the June 14 melee, according to a lawsuit filed in New York Supreme Court. Julien also alleged that he endured lacerations from broken glass, cosmetic deformity and mental distress as a result of the fight.
The complaint accused Brown of having a "hot temper" and inciting the altercation with Drake.
The operators of the club Greenhouse and its basement lounge, W.i.P., are also named in the suit. Julien claimed the operators created a public nuisance by failing to provide adequate security in the club and serving liquor to intoxicated patrons.
Julien, a model with Re:Quest Model Management, is seeking actual and punitive damages. Representatives for Brown and Drake had no immediate comment.
A representative for Greenhouse and W.i.P. said they will "respond appropriately" after evaluating the lawsuit.
Last week, a company with ties to the club sought to hold Drake and Brown responsible for the melee in a $16 million lawsuit.
The suit filed by Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. faulted the artists for - at a minimum - doing nothing to stop the June 14 melee and said it sullied the chic Manhattan nightspot's name. The company owns the trademark for Greenhouse.
No criminal charges have been filed in the fight, which left Brown, NBA star Tony Parker of the San Antonio Spurs and others injured. Police say the fracas started after members of Drake's entourage confronted Brown on the dance floor as he was leaving W.i.P. Drake's representatives have said he was on his way out and didn't injure anyone.
Both lawsuits point to news accounts of bad blood between Brown and Drake, both of whom have dated singer Rihanna.
chris brown, drake, lawsuit, new york city, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders 32 min ago
- Clouds, some sun, mild today 10 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 12 min ago
- Attack in Washington Square caught on camera 20 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender 31 min ago
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer
- Man critically injured in hit-and-run in SW Philly
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Co-host of HGTV show killed in motorcycle crash
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion