Taylor Swift, Conor Kennedy visit his mom's grave
BARNSTABLE, Mass. (AP) - August 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Country singer Taylor Swift joined several members of the Kennedy clan, including boyfriend Conor Kennedy, in a somber weekend visit to the grave of his mother on Cape Cod.
Swift and Kennedy held hands and at one point appeared to bow their heads in prayer, as did his siblings, while visiting the resting place of Mary Richardson Kennedy on Sunday.
The New York Daily News reports that Conor Kennedy also got down to clear some overgrown grass from the unmarked grave. He is the son of Robert F. Kennedy Jr.
The 52-year-old Mary Kennedy hanged herself May 16 in a barn behind the couple's home in Bedford, N.Y., amid bitter divorce proceedings and a battle with depression and addiction.
taylor swift, massachusetts, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 29 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 6 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 29 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co. 57 min ago
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade 43 min ago
- Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
57 min ago