Jimmy Kimmel Live moving to 11:35 p.m.
LOS ANGELES - August 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- ABC says it's moving "Jimmy Kimmel Live" into the thick of the late-night fight against Jay Leno and David Letterman.
The network said Tuesday that starting in January, Kimmel's talk show will take over the 11:35 p.m. time slot long held by the news magazine "Nightline."
"Nightline" will move to the 12:35 a.m. slot and will get a new weekly prime-time slot.
ABC says the move takes advantage of ratings growth by Kimmel's show and the potential for greater ad revenue.
Kimmel's show will move to 11:35 p.m. Eastern on Jan. 8, with "Nightline" starting an hour later on the next night, Jan. 9, and debuting in prime time on March 1.
In its new slot, Kimmel will face NBC's "The Tonight Show" with Leno and CBS' "Late Show" with Letterman.
jimmy kimmel, abc, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police