'American Idol' tour stopping in Providence
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - August 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Rhode Island native who made it to the top 10 on last season's "American Idol" will be in Providence for the show's summer tour.
Erika Van Pelt of South Kingstown and the other finalists will be performing Sunday at the Dunkin Donuts Center as part of the "American Idol Live!" tour.
Van Pelt was eliminated from the Fox show in March. Phillip Phillips, who suffered through serious kidney problems throughout the competition, snagged the winning share of the record-high 132 million viewer votes cast.
Van Pelt and finalist Joshua Ledet are also expected to meet fans in Lincoln on Sunday as part of AT&T's campaign against texting while driving.
The "American Idol" tour is headed next to Newark, N.J., Albany, N.Y., and Bridgeport, Conn.
american idol, rhode island, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 18 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 17 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 59 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases