Rufus Wainwright weds fiance Jorn Weisbrodt
NEW YORK (AP) - August 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Musician Rufus Wainwright has tied the knot.
Publicist Bianca Bianconi confirmed Wainwright and Jorn Weisbrodt were married in a ceremony Thursday.
People reports the 39-year-old musician and the artistic director of the Luminato Festival were married by close friend and artist Justin Vivian Bond in a ceremony in Montauk on Long Island.
Wainwright and Weisbrodt have a 1-year-old daughter together in a parenting partnership with Lorca Cohen, daughter of Leonard Cohen. Wainwright and Weisbrodt were engaged in 2010.
People says a number of celebrities attended the wedding, including Alan Cumming, Julianne Moore, Yoko Ono and Sean Lennon, Antony Hegarty, Lou Reed, Carrie Fisher and producer Mark Ronson, who also assisted with DJ duties during the reception.
music, marriage, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1