Rufus Wainwright weds fiance Jorn Weisbrodt
NEW YORK (AP) - August 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Musician Rufus Wainwright has tied the knot.
Publicist Bianca Bianconi confirmed Wainwright and Jorn Weisbrodt were married in a ceremony Thursday.
People reports the 39-year-old musician and the artistic director of the Luminato Festival were married by close friend and artist Justin Vivian Bond in a ceremony in Montauk on Long Island.
Wainwright and Weisbrodt have a 1-year-old daughter together in a parenting partnership with Lorca Cohen, daughter of Leonard Cohen. Wainwright and Weisbrodt were engaged in 2010.
People says a number of celebrities attended the wedding, including Alan Cumming, Julianne Moore, Yoko Ono and Sean Lennon, Antony Hegarty, Lou Reed, Carrie Fisher and producer Mark Ronson, who also assisted with DJ duties during the reception.
music, marriage, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Robbery suspect sought, Villanova U. locked down 38 min ago
- Splendid spring finale 2 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Crackdown on illegal street vendors in W. Phila. 23 min ago
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila. 7 min ago
- Viewer takes photos of bear in back yard
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer 31 min ago
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify
- Suspect robs Philadelphia Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL] 27 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman...
31 min ago
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
27 min ago