Rufus Wainwright weds fiance Jorn Weisbrodt
NEW YORK (AP) - August 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Musician Rufus Wainwright has tied the knot.
Publicist Bianca Bianconi confirmed Wainwright and Jorn Weisbrodt were married in a ceremony Thursday.
People reports the 39-year-old musician and the artistic director of the Luminato Festival were married by close friend and artist Justin Vivian Bond in a ceremony in Montauk on Long Island.
Wainwright and Weisbrodt have a 1-year-old daughter together in a parenting partnership with Lorca Cohen, daughter of Leonard Cohen. Wainwright and Weisbrodt were engaged in 2010.
People says a number of celebrities attended the wedding, including Alan Cumming, Julianne Moore, Yoko Ono and Sean Lennon, Antony Hegarty, Lou Reed, Carrie Fisher and producer Mark Ronson, who also assisted with DJ duties during the reception.
music, marriage, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 27 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor