Clooney aids Obama campaign with Geneva fundraiser
GENEVA (AP) - August 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- President Barack Obama supporter George Clooney raised almost $15 million for the re-election campaign at the actor's Los Angeles home in May. For his second act, Clooney is set to arrive Monday in Geneva, a center for international organizations and business.
Organizers expect to pull in a more modest amount of about $500,000 from U.S. donors for Obama's campaign, with many flying in to Geneva from around the world.
Americans Abroad for Obama, the event's sponsor, says on its Web site that guests are paying $15,000 per person to dine with Clooney, $5,000 for a photo with him and $1,000 to attend a reception before the dinner. About 30 people are attending the dinner, with about 100 at the reception.
The event is co-hosted by Geneva-based American lawyer Charles C. Adams Jr. and Matthew Barzun, Obama's campaign finance chairman.
president barack obama, george clooney, switzerland, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases