Fire hits Tyler Perry studios in Atlanta
ATLANTA (AP) - August 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters are battling a blaze at filmmaker Tyler Perry's Atlanta studios, the second fire in the past four months at the complex.
Details of the fire late Monday morning were not immediately available, but video from WSB-TV showed about two-dozen firefighters on the roof of a building at the complex. There were no reports of any injuries.
On May 1, more than 100 firefighters battled a blaze that ripped through a simulated streetscape at the studios, sending flames about six stories into the sky.
Atlanta Fire Chief Kelvin J. Cochran has said the cause of the May fire would be recorded as undetermined. Cochran said the intensity of the May fire consumed any evidence that would lead to a cause of ignition.
fire, atlanta, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 6 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!