Fire hits Tyler Perry studios in Atlanta
ATLANTA (AP) - August 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters are battling a blaze at filmmaker Tyler Perry's Atlanta studios, the second fire in the past four months at the complex.
Details of the fire late Monday morning were not immediately available, but video from WSB-TV showed about two-dozen firefighters on the roof of a building at the complex. There were no reports of any injuries.
On May 1, more than 100 firefighters battled a blaze that ripped through a simulated streetscape at the studios, sending flames about six stories into the sky.
Atlanta Fire Chief Kelvin J. Cochran has said the cause of the May fire would be recorded as undetermined. Cochran said the intensity of the May fire consumed any evidence that would lead to a cause of ignition.
fire, atlanta, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 31 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas package theft 46 min ago
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million 23 min ago
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool 51 min ago
- Freebie Friday 36 min ago
- Photos: East Passyunk Avenue Tree Lighting Party
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas...
46 min ago
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as...
51 min ago