Director Tony Scott cremated; scholarship created
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Tony Scott has been cremated, and his widow will keep his remains at their Los Angeles-area home
The information is included on Scott's death certificate, which was released Monday.
The document doesn't include a formal determination of Scott's cause of death. Coroner's officials expect it will take several weeks to finalize their investigation, but they are treating his case as a probable suicide.
The "Top Gun" director jumped from a bridge into the Los Angeles Harbor on Aug. 19. Family and close friends gathered over the weekend to honor the British-born director at a private memorial.
His family also announced Monday that they have created a memorial scholarship at the American Film Institute to help future filmmakers and honor his creative legacy.
The last film Scott directed was 2010's "Unstoppable."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack 24 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 10 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 26 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos