Director Tony Scott cremated; scholarship created
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Tony Scott has been cremated, and his widow will keep his remains at their Los Angeles-area home
The information is included on Scott's death certificate, which was released Monday.
The document doesn't include a formal determination of Scott's cause of death. Coroner's officials expect it will take several weeks to finalize their investigation, but they are treating his case as a probable suicide.
The "Top Gun" director jumped from a bridge into the Los Angeles Harbor on Aug. 19. Family and close friends gathered over the weekend to honor the British-born director at a private memorial.
His family also announced Monday that they have created a memorial scholarship at the American Film Institute to help future filmmakers and honor his creative legacy.
The last film Scott directed was 2010's "Unstoppable."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today 4 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 25-year-old man shot dead in North Philadelphia 6 min ago
- Teen shot multiple times in Feltonville 8 min ago
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure