JK Rowling to build Hogwarts-style tree houses
LONDON (AP) - August 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- J.K. Rowling is building two tree houses fit for a wizard.
Despite some complaints from neighbors, the City of Edinburgh Council says Thursday it has approved the Harry Potter author's application to create tree houses in her garden for her children. The structures, each about 40 feet (12 meters) high, feature tall conical roofs and turreted windows in the style of Hogwarts Castle in the Harry Potter movies.
Several neighbors had written to object, saying the tree-houses may be visible from the road and could affect the area's landscape.
But the council granted Rowling's request, saying the development will not have a negative impact on the conservation area.
Rowling, 47, lives in Edinburgh with her husband and three children.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 5 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 29 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- DA: Charges coming in death of NYC student 12 min ago
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- DA: Charges coming in death of NYC student
12 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
29 min ago