TV's "Starsky" to fight drug charge in Ky.
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (AP) - August 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- The actor who played David Starsky in the 1970s police drama "Starsky & Hutch" is fighting a drug charge in Kentucky for what he says is medical marijuana from California.
The Daily News in Bowling Green reports an attorney entered a not guilty plea on Thursday on behalf of 69-year-old Paul Michael Glaser of Venice, Calif.
Bowling Green police charged Glaser with possession of marijuana and a pipe on May 10, hours after he read an excerpt of his young adult novel, "Chrystallia and the Source of Light," to students at a middle school.
According to a police citation, Glaser said he had medical marijuana prescribed to him in California.
He was arrested after an anonymous call to police that a man was smoking marijuana in a hotel.
marijuana, medical marijuana, kentucky, california, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- New sighting reported of missing student's car 34 min ago
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Mile-wide tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs 8 min ago
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash 9 min ago
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder 32 min ago
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion 53 min ago
- Nurse assaulted at Cooper University Hospital 59 min ago
- Off-duty police officer hit by car in Logan
- Penn State penalities from Sandusky case argued 30 min ago
- Housekeeper sentenced for Ben Franklin bust theft
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home...
53 min ago
- New sighting reported of missing student's...
34 min ago
- Mile-wide tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos