French 'Elvis' leaves Caribbean hospital for US
FORT-DE-FRANCE, Martinique (AP) - August 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- French singer Johnny Hallyday is out of a Caribbean hospital and on his way to Los Angeles.
The 69-year-old performer whose glittery rock shows have led some to call him the "French Elvis," spent five days in a hospital on the island of Martinique. He was in the cardiac section of the hospital but sent a message to fans via Instagram that it was nothing but a case of "severe bronchitis."
Hallyday boarded a flight early Friday from the French island to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He was then expected to travel to Los Angeles, where he has a home. He walked slowly to the airplane, unaided except by an umbrella for the rain.
The singer was first hospitalized Sunday in Guadeloupe, then moved the next day to Martinique.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 11 min ago
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos