London museum to open David Bowie exhibition
LONDON (AP) - September 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust jumpsuit will be among some 300 items shown at a London exhibition that traces the singer's career through five decades.
The retrospective at the Victoria and Albert Museum will also feature Bowie's instruments, 60 costumes, sketches, hand-written lyrics, diary entries and album artwork.
Organizers said Tuesday the show, called "David Bowie Is," will chronicle Bowie's influence on art and culture and his role in inspiring self-expression.
The items on display are from the David Bowie Archive in New York. The exhibition opens in March 2013.
The 65-year-old Bowie, who now lives in the U.S., was born David Robert Jones in 1947 in south London. He adopted his stage name in 1965.
london, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 4 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage 50 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ