London museum to open David Bowie exhibition
LONDON (AP) - September 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust jumpsuit will be among some 300 items shown at a London exhibition that traces the singer's career through five decades.
The retrospective at the Victoria and Albert Museum will also feature Bowie's instruments, 60 costumes, sketches, hand-written lyrics, diary entries and album artwork.
Organizers said Tuesday the show, called "David Bowie Is," will chronicle Bowie's influence on art and culture and his role in inspiring self-expression.
The items on display are from the David Bowie Archive in New York. The exhibition opens in March 2013.
The 65-year-old Bowie, who now lives in the U.S., was born David Robert Jones in 1947 in south London. He adopted his stage name in 1965.
london, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 55 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 45 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 16 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos