Stars attend NYC funeral of hip-hop mogul Lighty
NEW YORK (AP) - September 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Some of hip-hop's biggest stars are gathering for the Manhattan funeral of manager Chris Lighty.
The mourners Wednesday include Sean "Diddy" Combs, Missy Elliott, Q-Tip, LL Cool J, Russell Simmons, 50 Cent and Grandmaster Flash.
The 44-year-old hip-hop mogul was found dead in his Bronx apartment last week with a gunshot wound to the head. The medical examiner ruled it a suicide.
Speaking outside the chapel, Grandmaster Flash said he wished Lighty had reached out to him for help. He says Lighty must have been under "tremendous pressure," adding, "it's really sad."
Lighty was laid out in a dark suit, surrounded by arrangements of white flowers. A slide show depicting his life appeared on a screen.
new york city, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 8 min ago
- Temps Soar 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 11 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 26 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 28 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 18 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
24 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
8 min ago