Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' named song of summer
NEW YORK (AP) - September 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- There's no maybe about it: Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" is the song of the summer.
Billboard says the 16-year-old Canadian's infectious pop song about infatuation love topped its "Songs of Summer" chart. The list annually ranks the overall performance of hit songs on the Billboard Hot 100 between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Landing at No. 2 was Maroon 5's "Payphone," featuring Wiz Khalifa. Gotye's "Somebody That I Used to Know," featuring Kimbra, Katy Perry's "Wide Awake" and Ellie Goulding's "Lights" round out the top five.
"Call Me Maybe" has already netted Jepsen a Teen Choice Award, and the video is up for the best new artist moonman trophy at Thursday night's MTV Video Music Awards.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Mom of tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 16 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mom of tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos