Tyra Banks to host 'Flawsome Ball' for girls club
NEW YORK (AP) - September 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Tyra Banks will host a gala dubbed the "Flawsome Ball" to benefit a New York City girls club.
The former model and talk-show host was to announce the event Thursday.
Drake will perform at the ball, which is to benefit the Tyra Banks Tzone at the Lower Eastside Girls Club. Banks formed Tzone in 1999 as a weeklong camp for girls, but the organization is now making a permanent, physical home at the New York girls club.
The Flawsome Ball takes its name from a word coined by Banks that combines "flaws" and "awesome" to celebrate individuality. It will be held Oct. 18.
The 38-year-old Banks is host and executive producer of the CW series "America's Next Top Model."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 23 min ago
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
23 min ago