Chenoweth recovering from injuries, and grateful
NEW YORK (AP) - September 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Kristin Chenoweth says she's still on the mend after suffering injuries in July while filming the CBS legal drama "The Good Wife."
Appearing on "Live! with Kelly & Michael" on Friday, the pixyish actress offered details of the accident, which happened during a New York location shoot.
An overhead lighting rig collapsed, she said, striking her in the face, slamming her to the ground and knocking her out.
When she woke up, co-star Josh Charles was holding her hand.
Said Chenoweth: "He's my angel."
Chenoweth, 44, said she continues to recover from a skull fracture and rib, neck and back injuries. But she called herself "blessed" the mishap wasn't worse.
Although forced to withdraw from her recurring role on "The Good Wife," she'll appear on its Sept. 30 season premiere.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 55 min ago
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in action 35 min ago
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- Photos: The Headhouse District's Winter Wonderland
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
35 min ago