George Michael makes pop history at Paris Opera
PARIS (AP) - September 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Singer George Michael has become the first international popstar to perform in Paris' Opera Garnier.
The British star performed Sunday evening, as part of his "Symphonica Tour," to support French AIDS charity Sidaction. He was cheered on by a roll call of celebrities including "The Artist" actress Berenice Bejo, fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier and Charlie Chaplin's actress granddaughter Dolores Chaplin.
The concert was followed by a star-studded gala dinner which hoped to raise several hundred thousand euros for the fight against AIDS.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 7 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show