George Michael makes pop history at Paris Opera
PARIS (AP) - September 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Singer George Michael has become the first international popstar to perform in Paris' Opera Garnier.
The British star performed Sunday evening, as part of his "Symphonica Tour," to support French AIDS charity Sidaction. He was cheered on by a roll call of celebrities including "The Artist" actress Berenice Bejo, fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier and Charlie Chaplin's actress granddaughter Dolores Chaplin.
The concert was followed by a star-studded gala dinner which hoped to raise several hundred thousand euros for the fight against AIDS.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed