George Michael makes pop history at Paris Opera
PARIS (AP) - September 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Singer George Michael has become the first international popstar to perform in Paris' Opera Garnier.
The British star performed Sunday evening, as part of his "Symphonica Tour," to support French AIDS charity Sidaction. He was cheered on by a roll call of celebrities including "The Artist" actress Berenice Bejo, fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier and Charlie Chaplin's actress granddaughter Dolores Chaplin.
The concert was followed by a star-studded gala dinner which hoped to raise several hundred thousand euros for the fight against AIDS.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila. 50 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
50 min ago
- Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos